On July 8, 2017, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded $50 million in housing counseling grants. Over $2.7 million was awarded to local housing counseling agencies and regional and national intermediaries in New York. New York grantees include:
- New York State Housing Finance Agency
- Metro-Interfaith Housing Management Corporation
- Allegany County Community Opportunities and Rural Development
- Rockaway Development and Revitalization Corp.
- City of Fulton Community Development Agency
- National Urban League
- New York Mortgage Coalition
- Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council
- Niagara Falls Neighborhood Housing Services
- Marketview Heights Association
- Pathstone Corporation
- Hispanic Brotherhood of Rockville Centre
- Better Neighborhoods, Inc.
Metro-Interfaith Housing Management Corporation, Rockaway Development and Revitalization Corp., New York Mortgage Coalition, Marketview Heights Association, Pathstone Corporation, and Better Neighborhoods, Inc. are HomeSmartNY members. In addition, many housing counseling agencies will receive housing counseling funding through regional and national intermediary networks.
The full list of grantees can be found at https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=Hsg_Counseling_Chart.pdf.