HomeSmartNY’s Top 5 Achievements of 2015
At the end of the year, we reflect on our achievements over the past twelve months. This year has brought a lot of change and growth for HomeSmartNY. In 2015, we:
- Rebranded as HomeSmartNY, with a new image, website, and social media presence.
- Expanded to 86 total members, including 73 housing counseling agencies, 5 affiliates, and 8 individual supporters.
- Launched partnership with eHome America in which prospective homebuyers can take online homebuyer education through one portal then receive follow-up from our members around the state.
- Profiled in the April 2015 issue of The Bridge, the official newsletter of HUD Office of Housing Counseling. The article, “Elevating the Housing Counseling Profession” highlights HomeSmartNY’s history, from forward thinking vision to true coalition.
- Held a successful fifth annual Statewide Conference in Albany on September 20-21. New to this year’s conference was a membership meeting and place-based training on fair housing.
Happy New Year to all of our members, supporters, and homebuyers and homeowners in New York State!